Friday, February 20, 2009

Song in the Cell 090220: Robyn - Cobrastyle

This week's Song in the Cell goes to:

Robyn- Cobrastyle

WICKED SONG ALERT!!





So... this one is pretty interesting (to me, anyway). This is not, by any means, a new song. I just hadn't heard it. I always thought of Robyn as a little too mainstream pop for my tastes (without really checking her out properly - which I think I will do now). I heard a remix of this song and TOTALLY-FLIPPED-OUT!! So I checked out the original (which is waaaay better than the remix I first heard), then looked for a video. While I didn't find an official music video at first, I found this live version on Youtube. The details on this video outline the origins of this song... I guess it's a cover song that's evolved over the years or something. So... I checked out the original (or, some incarnation of the original. I'm not too sure where in the evolution this version is from) ...

Cobra Style (ft. Mad Cobra) - Teddybears Stockholm

Supercool!

Stick this in your weekend!

<3 bleph

No comments: