Friday, April 17, 2009

Song in the Cell 090417: k-os - "4 3 2 1"

This week's Song in the Cell goes to:

k-os- 4 3 2 1



Can't see the embedded video? Click here!

So... the new k-os album is out now. I haven't heard it all yet, but from the couple of track and clips I've heard, 4 3 2 1 isn't even the best there is! 4 3 2 1 is a great choice for a first single, as it's commercially friendly while still showing k-os' strengths. It's smart, dancey, and rappy in the best way -- not the "I'm beating you with a stick until you bleed all over my marble floor" rap. k-os is the kind of rap artist I like - he blends genres, topics, instruments. A seriously great Canadian artist... palatable, marketable, but sill totally edgy.

To top it off, k-os is embarking on a Pay-What-You-Can tour, along the same strategy lines as NIN offering their music for free. I hope this pays off for him!!

For now, enjoy 4 3 2 1...

Blasting Off!
<3 bleph.

1 comment:

TS said...

Want me to try to get you into the meet and greet with K-os this week?