Friday, November 13, 2009

Song in the Cell: Kittie "Cut Throat"


This week's Song in the Cell is:

Kittie - Cut Throat

I can't quite reconcile the sound that comes out of this tiny girl's mouth with her appearance. Doesn't quite mesh, does it? Yet she somehow manages to go from a growly cookie-monster voice to a fun girlie metal voice. I think that's a thing that's baffled Kittie fans since they first appeared many years ago. Hard to believe, considering how young they *still* are.

For years, I have had Brackish in my playlists, and now I've got some new songs to add. The new single, Cut Throat, is pretty wicked. They are a great band, who just happen to be made up entirely of girls. Pretty sweet. Plus, Canadian.

Check out their new album, "In the Black". Highlights include Cut Throat, Die My Darling, and Now or Never.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

TS said...

Woo! I like it. I just had a headbanging moment at work. Weird for a gay radio station.

The chorus reminds me of a Faith No More song, but I can't remember which one.