Monday, September 7, 2009

Metal Monday: Leaves' Eyes - My Destiny

Today is Metal Monday!

... and we're kicking it off with

Leaves' Eyes - My Destiny


Can't see the embedded video? Click here!

This is hopefully the start of a new regular post here in my cell. I think I've been avoiding the metal. Or maybe it's avoiding me. Yeah, I gave it the obvious alliterative title. Boo on me.

In any case, this lovely video happened upon my inbox today, by one of my more recent favourite metal bands, Leaves' Eyes. Leaves' Eyes is that kind of 'beauty & the beast' Norwegian metal band that mixes fairly operatic, beautiful female vocals with harsh growly male vocals.

Many bands can't pull it off.

Leaves' Eyes is a great example of making that style work, mostly because singer Liv Kristine is vocally very strong (where some of the other bands are lacking). They're also different from other bands I listen to because they are very story and theme-oriented. The video illustrates literally what their song writing paints.


<3 Bleph

No comments: