Friday, September 4, 2009

Song in the Cell : Anna Cyzon - Young Boy

This week's Song in the Cell is:

Anna Cyzon - Young Boy


Can't see the embedded video? Click here!

I saw a clip of this on TV when I was home for lunch one day... and thought it was wicked! Then I did a second take -- wait, wasn't Anna Cyzon the entertainment reporter for CTV? Yup! She's back, in a very different role...

Her own description of her music meshes Debbie Harry, a poppier Metric and a little Gwen Stefani. I can see that, I think. It's got a great slick alt-rock vibe, with a cool(hot) chick singing. Do people still use the term 'alt-rock'?

Anyhoo, check it out. There are only two songs up on her MySpace, but both are supercoolfun. Looking forward to hearing more.

I think she made a good career move.

<3 Bleph

No comments: