Friday, June 5, 2009

Song in the Cell 090605: Dragonette "Fixin' to Thrill"

This week's Song in the Cell is:

Dragonette- Fixin' to Thrill


Can't see the embedded video? Click here!

Confession time -- I really should have posted this two or three weeks ago, when I first found it. Boooo to me! Yeah, I was slacking a little... and last week I had to post the new Bat for Lashes, because they are "my thing" right now. That said, Dragonette could be my "next thing".

Not entirely unlike I did with Bat for Lashes, I latched onto one Dragonette song and kind of avoided really getting into them. I listened to a couple of clips, a couple of remixes and forgot all about it. Enter the new single from the second album, "Fixin' to Thrill". Dragonette has a fun sound, an edgy look and an underlying sexual theme (think Peaches, but not so blatant).

I'm really enjoying this single, and it's clawing into my brain more and more... Mmmmmm brains.

Woo! Woo!

<3 bleph.

No comments: