Friday, June 12, 2009

Song in the Cell 090612: Beast "Mr. Hurricane"

This week's Song in the Cell is:

Beast- Mr. Hurricane

Beast - Mr. Hurricane

Can't see the embedded video? Click here!

Beast is a band out of Montreal, Canada (woo! Can Con!) that blurs the lines between various musical genres. I'm not even going to try to classify them myself, and Beast themselves revert to quoting a reporter, “ Beast sounds like what you might hear at the last cabaret on the road to hell.”. Pretty funny.

This is the first single off their debut album, 'Beast'. Wicked.

If the vocalist sounds familiar, it's because she sang on DJ Champion's album (looved 'No Heaven' - but I hear that if I listened to the radio, I would have gotten sick of it! Ha!) AND she sang on the amazing Oscar-nominated soundtrack to the amazing movie "Les Triplettes de Belleville".

Supercool.

<3 bleph.

1 comment:

TS said...

No Heaven?

I think that's a song I like! I didn't know it was the same voice.

Man, I'm a bad radio station person....