Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rewind Divine!

Feeling the need for new blood, I'm always digging through blog posts and websites and whatnots.

I recently found my way to a neato site that appears to be called Rewind. Here, bands are featured covering some of their favourite songs of the past. There's also an explanation as to why each band chose the song they chose.

The cover song is not a new concept -- people have been covering their favourite songs for ages, sometimes successfully. What makes this different, for me, is that I keep coming back to this site. Weird, no?

I poked around first to get a Sohodolls track (after being led there by their mailing list), and have now come back after finding a link on the site of a new find, Cruel Black Dove.

A second look at the list of tracks makes me laugh out loud in my wee cubicle -- there are a slew of acts I have only recently been introduced to (specifically, this week's new favourite, Little Boots).

In any case, I still haven't worked my way through this whole magical site. Just thought you might find some gems for yourself.

Either find new bands by checking out covers of songs you liked way back... or see what songs your new finds are inspired by.

Some Highlights:
  • Cruel Black Dove's cover of the Psychedelic Furs' "Love My Way"
  • Little Boots' cover of Freddie Mercury's "Love Kills"
  • Sohodolls' cover of Lords Of The New Church "Open Your Eyes"

2 comments:

TS said...

Stacey Q cover? Woo!

blepharisma said...

Yeah, it's pretty fun... Maybe a little too close to the original for me (not exact, but I like when covers do something a little different & cool.)