Friday, January 30, 2009

Song in the Cell 090130: Ayria - Girl on the Floor

This week's Song in the Cell goes to:

Ayria - Girl on the Floor

This was a tricky week for picking a song. I already posted the Client video earlier in the week, and have been listening to Client "Sorry" a LOT this week. Unfortunately, the video online for that song is not the greatest (Client B looks wicked, but the editing is off... it's hard editing a recorded song to live footage, I know, but then if it doesn't work, you just ... don't. At least you shouldn't.) Yeah, I'm saving my next Client post for after the new stuff is actually out... I know I'll be all over that!

ANYWAY, I thought this would be a good time to pimp out a couple of my ALWAYS favourites (not just this week favourites) Ayria and Noisescape TV.




Ayria is a band led by one of my good friends, Jennifer Parkin. The music is a mash of pop, electro, ebm-industrial and whatever else her little heart desires. Very danceable, great music! You can catch a listen on her MySpace page.

The video above, a live version of "Girl on the Floor", from her latest album, "Hearts for Bullets", was shot during their Fall 2008 U.S. tour with the Cruxshadows by friends of ours at Noisescape TV.

Noisescape TV is a television and internet show that features bands in a variety of industrial and industrial-friendly genres (hahaha... didn't know how else to put it). They produce quite a bit of the content you see, including the video above.

No comments: